Choosing the Right Company to Install Your Pool
A backyard swimming pool is a luxury item meant for relaxation and enjoyment. It provides the perfect chance to unwind at the end of the day or to entertain guests on the weekend. The benefits of having a swimming pool are numerous, but they all depend on a successful installation process. Without proper installation, a swimming pool can prove to be more of a nightmare than anything else. If you are thinking about building a pool, be prepared. Pay careful attention to which installation company you choose and what questions you ask to ensure the job is done right the first time.
Five Questions You Must Ask
Think of a future swimming pool as an investment. Would you make a financial investment without first asking questions? The answer should be no. A backyard swimming pool is just as much a financial investment as a car or boat, so treat it that way. Here are five questions to ask a swimming pool builder before starting the process:
- How long have you been in business? If a company has been around for a long time, chances are they have a good reputation. Work with new companies at your own risk. It is highly advisable to seek out experienced builders with an understanding of your situation.
- Are you a licensed contractor? Never work with an unlicensed contractor. While not all states require specific licensing for contractors, always seek one out.
- Are you willing to provide references? A successful builder will happily provide references from previous jobs. In fact, most will offer references without being prodded. If they are unable to provide references, this raises a red flag.
- Do you offer a warranty on your work? Warranties prove confidence in the quality of work a company completes. Find out if they offer warranties and what they cover.
- Do you offer insurance to protect the homeowner? While an experienced contractor isn’t likely to mess up, accidents do happen. Find out what type of insurance coverage the builder has, should something go wrong.
In addition to these five questions, there are plenty of others you will want to ask. Try also taking a look at our FAQs. The overall goal is to have trust in the contractor and safety nets in place for anything that could go wrong. Owning a pool can be an exciting opportunity, but make sure to cover all bases when it comes to the building and installation process.