Five Landscaping Tips to Enhance Your Pool
Your new pool will be the centerpiece of your backyard. It will become a source of hours of enjoyment for years to come. But without a beautiful landscape to surround it, your backyard pool could look like an average city pool.
Find the right design for your pool during the creative process. This will allow for seamless integration between the plants and lighting effects you choose and the overall look of your backyard.
Get your design started with these helpful ideas:
- Perennials. Hardy, colorful flowers suited for your part of the country will add a pop to the landscape. Choosing perennials will limit the amount of work you need to do each spring. There’s no re-planting once they are established, so keep them trimmed and fertilized as needed, and wait for the beautiful flowers to bloom.
- Boulders. Depending on your setup, large rocks can be a stunning addition to the scene. They also can provide natural seating or be built into larger water features that incorporate the pool.
- Waterfalls. The peaceful sound of water running over a series of rock ledges will create a truly relaxing setting. Running the waterfall into your pool will give the added benefit of better aeration to help keep the water clear.
- Lighting. New technology makes the lighting options for your pool area almost endless. Color-changing LEDs can create whatever mood you hope to achieve, whether you want a cool, relaxing effect or a vibrant look for a party. These can be placed throughout the landscaping and in the pool itself.
- Fire pits. The warmth of a fire can be the perfect complement to your pool setting. Whether you choose a decorative display or a functional setting where the kids can roast marshmallows, the options are endless.
Start beautifying your backyard and creating your own personal paradise today with these landscaping tips!