Fun in the Sun: Tips for a Great Pool Party
The weather’s getting warmer, Memorial Day Weekend has come and gone, and you know what that means: fun in the sun! Pools are a great place to spend the warmer months and offer hours of entertainment for kids and adults alike. For a special event or summer birthday in your family, there’s no better place to spend it than the pool. If you aren’t celebrating someone’s special day, that’s no reason not to party! We’ve got some tips for you to hold a fun and safe pool party for any age:
- Use fun invitations! A great, kitschy idea is to use cheap shower caps as the invites and write on them with permanent marker. You can also easily buy beach or pool-themed party invitations at most party stores.
- Decorate creatively. There’s no reason to spend a lot of money on decorations. Lay a long beach towel on top of a tablecloth to act as a runner and use some pool toys as centerpieces. Chances are, you already have these things around!
- It doesn’t just have to be in the pool. Do you have a grassy area next to your pool? Try setting up a sprinkler or some splash pools for kids to play in. This also can help keep smaller children away from the bigger pool, which can be a hazard if there isn’t a shallow enough area for them.
- Keep the menu simple. There’s no need for a sit-down dinner at a pool party. Try favorites like chicken fingers, pigs in a blanket, and ice cream sandwiches. Cupcakes are easier to eat than birthday cake, and don’t require plates!
- Keep it safe. Remember to keep an adult (preferably CPR trained) around at all times to supervise the children. It’s much better to be safe than sorry!
- Pool parties aren’t just for kids! There are a multitude of ways that adults can gather around the pool as well. Try building a DIY backyard bar, or place buckets full of ice around the pool to keep choice drinks cold. Adults might like a relaxing float in the pool, chatting with others, or they may try their hand at backyard games, as well!
There are several fun ways to enjoy your pool this summer with friends of all ages. We know you’ll love making your personal backyard pool a neighborhood hotspot!