Performs professional design work in planning and preparing designs and drawings for new construction projects. This individual is responsible for collecting information for designs and executing such designs.
Tasks and Duties:
- Receive, plan, design and organize incoming projects sold by Design Consultant.
- Meet with customers at the Design Center to gather their ideas, select products that will complement their vision and to promote upselling regarding the project along with other “add-on sales” for the Service division.
- Conduct site visit to customers’ home to ensure proper measurements are taken for project design.
- Ensure all pools are designed in compliance with all state and federal codes
- Develop and produce AutoCAD plans based on contracted projects provided by the new pool design consultants. Produce Pool Studio renderings as needed.
- Prepare schematic, preliminary, and final drawings for install initiative associated with pool design
- Performs general drafting work such as site plans, maps, and working sketches
- Complete plot plans as required to obtain permits
- Communicate and document all aspects of construction notes that are required to construct a swimming pool
- Input jobs, contracts, plans and information in all respective files.
- Ability to work an extended work week as required for potential evening and weekend hours
- Manage productivity and utilize time efficiently
- Ability to read and interpret “to scale” plan designs
- Ability to read and interpret AutoCAD plans
- Ability to determine proper elevations and duplicate them in 2D or 3D on a plan
- Completes job files in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in landscape architecture, architecture, or civil engineering or 2 to 4 years of experience in landscaping design; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Construction experience a plus.
- Valid Indiana drivers license
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Personable and team oriented
- Ability to receive, comprehend and communication information and ideas clearly
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- AutoCAD Light 2008 or newer
- PoolStudio design software
- Microsoft Office