Caring for Your Auto-Cover
How to Properly Care for Your Automatic Safety Cover
You’ve invested in an Automatic Safety Cover, Now What? There are many things a homeowner can do to help extend the life of their auto-cover and prevent premature wear and tear.
- Keep your cover pump on the cover when closed. This will ensure water on your cover remains pumped off at all times preventing extra strain. Never open your cover with water on it.
- After a heavy rain, it’s a good idea to check the water level in your pool. This can be easily done be lifting your skimmer Lid or visually look at the face of the skimmer. Water should remain ¾ of the way up your skimmer. The water underneath your cover is what supports your cover. Keep it at the proper level all year round.
- During the swim season, open your auto-cover as often as possible to allow for the potential chemical gas build up to escape. We recommend opening your cover for several hours everyday. Always leave your cover open for at least two hours after adding chemicals.
- Periodically inspect the screws that secure the track to the deck or pool coping, if they become loose, tighten the screws with a Phillips screwdriver.
- At least twice a season, ideally Spring and Fall, spray water into the track channel to remove potential debris build-up.
- Lastly, be sure to schedule an annual “tune-up” of the system. This can go a long way in extending the life of your cover and preventing unnecessary breakdowns and costly repairs. Pools of Fun has Certified Service Technicians ready to serve you. Schedule your tune-up by calling 1-888-766-5832 or email us.