Start Planning Your Pool Project Now
The calendar has flipped to June! The kids are out of school, signaling the beginning of a wonderful, fun-filled summer. But if you are considering a backyard pool addition this year, time might be running out.
Planning your pool project, like any major home improvement work, can take weeks or months before it is completed. And this is a project that must be finished before winter begins.
Consider the following factors before getting started on your pool project:
- Location. Finding the perfect place on your property for your pool is essential. Do you want to step out the back door and jump right in? Or, do you want to leave room for that BBQ area?
- Size and shape. Few limits dictate the shape your pool can take. You can choose a simple, rectangular pool for swimming laps or something with a freeform shape. The options are only limited by your desires.
- Landscape. In addition to determining the pool’s size, plan for the area surrounding this focal point. Making these plans before construction starts will ensure everything in your new backyard is integrated seamlessly.
Once you have a plan in place, contact a pool contractor to finalize the design and schedule the construction. Pool companies are extremely busy during the summer, so the sooner you contact them, the better.
The construction process will involve several steps, including:
- Permits. Before the real work begins, your contractor will need to obtain building permits from your local municipality. This will ensure all of the work is done according to local building codes and will require inspections throughout the project.
- Site prep. With the permits in hand, your contractor can begin preparing your property for the installation. Don’t worry, that big dirt hole in the yard will soon be a lot more fun.
- Construction. Now that the hole is there, your contractor will get the walls of your pool in place. Before you know it, the filtration systems will be installed and it will be full of water.
- Landscaping. Once the pool is full, finish the project with landscaping touches to create the perfect backyard oasis.
Get all this started soon with Pools of Fun, and you’ll be enjoying your pool before the kids head back to school!