The Perfect Food for Your Pool Party
Summer nights around the pool are more memorable when friends and family join in. With the Fourth of July holiday weekend right around the corner, the time to start planning your weekend gathering is now.
No party is complete without a great selection of food and drinks. There are limitless options for your party, and you don’t have to be a celebrity chef to pull off most of these food ideas:
- Salads. Summer salads are easy to put together and add fresh fruits and vegetables to the menu. A simple fruit salad with seasonal favorites such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and watermelon is sure to be a hit.
- Dips. This can be as simple as adding a mix of herbs and spices to sour cream, or you can be creative with something like a taco dip. Pair them with your favorite chips, crackers, fruit, or vegetables and there will be something for everyone to savor.
- Hit the grill. There’s no better place to cook for a pool party than the backyard grill. You can go traditional with burgers, hot dogs and bratwurst, along with all the fixings. Or, you can show off your skills with fish, shrimp and other seafood. When you are really feeling ambitious, try pizza on the grill! Be sure to check out our Pinterest board for Big Green Egg grilling tips!
- Drinks. Mixing up a batch of fruit smoothies for the kids or kicking them up a bit for the adults will help everyone keep cool when they aren’t in the pool.
In addition to picking out the right food, keep these tips in mind as you pull your party together:
- Keep food the right temperature. This is especially important for cold food. Use those throw-away aluminum baking pans as ice trays to make sure these items don’t warm too quickly. No need to ruin your party with someone getting sick.
- No glass. Stick with plastic cups and utensils or paper plates around the pool. Nothing will spoil a party faster than someone cutting their foot on a piece of broken glass.
Pools of Fun has SO many tips, recipes and cool pool ideas on Pinterest – check it out! Whatever menu you choose for your summer fun, be sure to sit back, relax and enjoy memories in the making!