Vacuuming Your Pool
Pools of Fun pool owners: follow these instructions if you wish to vacuum your swimming pool. Want extra help? Contact us to schedule a service call.
- Turn off heater.
- Clean out skimmer baskets
- Brush walls before sweeping as well as the top two steps.
- Attach vac-head to telescoping pole.
- Attach the swivel end of hose to the vac-head and the other to the skimmer vac-plate.
- Place the vac-head and pole in the water near the skimmer and slowly feed the remainder of the hose into the water.
- At this point, lift the vac-plate over the wall and place it on top of the skimmer basket. The vac-hose will completely fill with water and the vac-plate will be suctioned securely to the top of the skimmer.
- Adjust all valves, except for the skimmer to be used.
Pools with one skimmer and a main drain should close the main drain by three-fourths. Pools with two skimmers and a main drain should close one skimmer and close the main drain by three-fourths. You will be using the skimmer that you did not close.
- Slowly move vac-head across pool.
- Do not remove the vac-head from the water or you will lose suction.
- When you are finished sweeping, lean the pole against the wall in the shallow end. Open the main drain valve and totally close the valve to the skimmer that you are using. This will allow you to pull the skim vac-plate from the skimmer. You can now open all skimmer lines.