How to Keep the Pool Area Festive for Fall Activities
One of the best ways to include the pool area in the seasonal transition is to decorate it for fall. The weather often stays warm enough for families to continue spending time outside during early fall, so keeping the area festive for the season is a worthwhile investment. Enjoying the last of the warm weather before winter hits is more fun when there are decorations to mark the changes throughout the season. The following are a few ways homeowners can keep their pool area festive for parties or just family meals outside.
- Include pumpkins. For many, pumpkins are the food of fall, with pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pie, and even pumpkin cookies all reaching peak popularity in autumn. Have pumpkins in the yard and around the pool as a reminder of the season. When Halloween approaches, the pumpkins can be hollowed out and carved into jack-o-lanterns, or simply used as planters for fall flowers. Roasted pumpkin seeds and all variety of pumpkin foods can also come from these decorations, and a hollow pumpkin can be used as a serving bowl for chips or other snacks.
- Use hay bales. Hay bales are comfortable seating that puts everyone in a fall mood and can be lifted and moved throughout the yard to serve different purposes. Whether as a decoration, a ground cover, or a seat, hay bales and loose hay are perfect for your yard during the autumn season.
- Decorative gourds. Gourds are popular decorations for fall and can be used in many forms of decoration. Fill a vase with small pumpkins, squash, and other gourds to store potential food and give your home and pool area a festive atmosphere. Wicker baskets are also great for displaying gourds.
- Use warm and bright colors. With the leaves changing to red, orange, yellow, gold, and brown, fall is considered by many the most beautiful season of the year. Take a decorating tip from Mother Nature, and use outdoor pillow covers that are red, orange, brown, and other warm colors. Outdoor furniture looks much more festive when it matches the falling leaves.
- Have a campfire. Sitting around a campfire is a relaxing experience, best done with close friend on a cool night. Fires draw people together, providing light, warmth, and contentment as well as delicious snacks. Whether you have an in-ground fire pit or a portable metal fire pit, the addition of the flames will give your pool area a real feeling of fall.
Decorate your pool area this fall with these and other ideas to give you a true appreciation for the season.