Why Winter Is Secretly One of the Best Times to Buy a Pool
During winter, chances are that your thoughts will be far away from the warmth of summer and the relaxation of lying by the pool. It’s understandable – dreary weather and miserable temperatures will likely preoccupy you. However, the cold months could be one of the best times to buy a pool.
Why Winter Installations Are Fantastic
Aren’t pools easier to install during the summer or spring? Yes, of course. Longer days and more-cooperative weather do smooth the installation process. However, there are factors other than weather conditions that go into buying a pool.
The real advantages of buying a pool during winter include:
- Lowest cost from the installation company. Bills never stop for families and businesses – even if the work does. Very few people need pool maintenance during the winter, of course, so it can be daunting for a contractor to stare at an empty calendar until spring rolls around. Companies are eager to make sales during this time, meaning you have more room to negotiate and a higher chance of securing a good bargain.
- You skip the “cost of goods” increase. Every year the same thing happens. Manufacturers and suppliers raise the cost of their materials as a part of inflation. This is in addition to regular fluctuations that happen with the season (think “summer blend” gasoline). If you snag a deal in winter, you’ll experience end-of-the year discounts from the suppliers and the installers.
- Landscaping recovers better. Sure, it’s a bit more difficult to dig into cold ground, but your yard will actually look better by the time summer rolls around than if you start in spring. When you have your pool installed in the winter, your yard will have four to six months of recovery time. Your grasses and plants will be stronger and more secure as a result.
- Taxes. According to the old saying, you can’t avoid taxes any more than you can cheat death. Fortunately, you can get some handy write-offs. The interest you spend with your new swimming pool can actually benefit you when you file at the end of the year. If you buy a pool in the winter, you won’t have to wait until next year’s return.
- Earlier setup. If you already have your pool before spring, you’ll be ready to get it opened for the season sooner, which can again save you time and money.
If you’re ready to take advantage of winter pool-buying benefits, call Pools of Fun, Indiana’s largest pool company, today.